Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick or Treat?

This was Joaquin's first year walking during Halloween and actually trick or treating! What a joy!

We had so much fun watching him walk up to all the houses and try and figure out just what he was doing there. Most of the time he had a pretty perplexed look on his face (if he wasn't grinning) and just overall seemed to love the freedom to walk all over the neighborhood. He tried to walk into a few people's houses here and there but he quickly caught on to putting his candy into his bag and saying/signing thank you and waving and saying goodbye.

Pretty darn cute! 

Sofia stayed home for the actual trick or treating part and the big Super Mario brothers were off and running as soon as we said "GO!"


7 comments:

Debbie said...

Sweet pictures! So looking forward to Annelies and Sofia BOTH walking next year! Watch out world!!

The Lehnick Family said...

Looks like everyone had fun! LOVE the costumes on all of your sweet kiddos!

Shelly said...

Love the "Bees" and the Mario Bros. A joyful time for all.

Cole said...

Love the costumes! Can't wait to see the rest on Sofia's blog! What a sweetie! I saw Debbie's comment about looking fwd to the girls walking next year- Abby is the same age- wow- now I"m looking forward to it too!

The Annessa Family said...

I love the one with the bowl on the steps...did he follow the rules and only "take one"? It's been such a joy to see your journey to Sofia and see how easily she has fit into your family...meant to be for sure. God Bless!

Emily said...

Looks like a great time! Costumes were darling!

Patti said...

I read your blog back when you first adopted Sophia..and ever since reading here and also on Bridget's Light, I have not been able to get Reece's Rainbow babies off my mind. I have been trying to help raise money for several babies there through giveaways on my blog and just raising awareness...can you email me (when you have time?!) I would love to "interview" you for my blog if you are open to it. I just wonder if the reason people don't give is because they haven't seen a family like yours, to know it can happen.